Thursday 27 November 2008

Opening Movie Scene

Our latest media coursework task is a two minute opening scene of a film. I find myself feeling incredibly excited and feel like a child in a sweet shop with so many choices of things i like but really cannot decide which to choose. Our latest ideas involve a criminal-underworld, "RocknRolla"-style theme in which two characters are involved in a revenge-fuelled hunt. At the moment the two other guys in my group and myself are storyboarding and getting to grips with the Macs as well as exploring the effects and gadgets that the world wide web has to offer. I am almost positive that our ideas will change drastically, however, this comes with the excitement of an idea developing and the clip gradually coming together. I often scare myself with how differently my imagination works since starting media as, unlike before, I imagine shots from the viewer's point of view and whether or not the next shot "crosses the line"! The group's aim is to push the boundaries of technology in this video and to follow the guidelines we have been set whilst trying to create a unique style that will appeal to our target audience whilst appealing to a wider audience who will, hopefully, appreciate our efforts of pushing the boundarys of special effects and creating an individual style.

1 comment:

Sacha van Straten said...

I know you've skimmed over some of the detail, as you want to develop it further.

I've been impressed by the focus and enthusiasm your group has found.

You are all thinking your way carefully through the narrative and technical considerations. There's some way to go yet, but this could just be a great film!

S